Foundation & Community Work
The South Foundation is a registered charity associated with the South Community Birth Program and our primary care clinic, South Hill Health Centre.
Many of the families in care at our clinics are new immigrants struggling to settle while some are single mothers or facing other equally challenging circumstances.
The South Foundation was initiated to facilitate community support. Many South families generously donate to the South Foundation, and these funds are used to provide support to the families in our care who need it most.
A few of the things that the South Foundation provides:
- Food cards for fresh food that can’t be received at the local food bank
- Coordinating and preparing clothing donations
- Coordinating and purchasing basic items such as strollers, cribs, etc.
- Bus tickets to attend clinic and hospital visits
- A taxi voucher to get to the hospital while in labour
- Funding for emergency clinical counselling services
- The South Foundation also subsidizes our partially funded doula program. This enables us to provide doula support to all clients in our care
- Connecting Pregnancy fees are also subsidized for clients that successfully apply to The South Foundation for assistance
In order to keep our doula program thriving, we have a suggested donation of $300-$500 to our doula program. However, every woman who requests a doula will have one, regardless of ability to pay. Any amount donated is welcome, and if it is over $20 you will receive a charitable tax receipt. We encourage families to consider donating at any time in their pregnancy, or even after they have delivered.
Fun Facts about Donating:
- You receive a tax credit for donations made to our registered charity!
- You’ll feel good supporting the families in your community!
- You can sign up to become an annual donor! Just contact Canada Helps
- Your money goes to providing necessary support to vulnerable families
How to Donate
Donations to help support the program can be made through Canada Helps by clicking the button below. All donations will receive a tax-deductible receipt.